Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spinning over my new Spinner

I am having so much fun spinning. I received a magical dragonfly spinner this morning and quickly spun some of the new magical roving I received yesterday. This spinner spins like a top and it has tiny dragonflies painted on the shaft in silver metallic paint. It is called a "top whorl" spinner, as the whorl is toward the top of the shaft. The other spinner (in the previous post) is called a bottom whorl. I'm sure they both have their own benefits, but I don't really know what they are, except that I like the fast whirling of the top whorl spinner.

The fiber that I've gotten from Bohemia always smells faintly of patchouli or something really nice. I don't know if it's the soap that it's washed in, but I really like the smell as I'm spinning. I don't know what I will make with these threads when I'm finished. But I am getting better and my threads look more uniform. I am trying to get to where I can spin very thin threads.
More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home